AZOP Racing is proud to announce the "Rowley White RV Racing Series" for 2019.
Rowley White RV has partnered with AZOP Racing to help expand the 2019 race series with more diverse racing venues and more long loop races.
Rowley White RV has been a long term supporter of AZOP Racing and continues to show their huge support to the Offroad racing community.
If you are shopping for a new Toyhauler, be sure and checkout Rowley White RV. With several locations in the Phoenix metro area and in Flagstaff, they have an amazing selection to choose from and the best prices you'll find anywhere.
It's obvious from the large number of Rowley White RV Toyhaulers at all of our events why they are the best RV dealer in Arizona. From bumper pulls to 5th wheels, you won't find better customer service (before and after the sale) nor a better price.
Let them know how much we all appreciate their support when you stop by and visit them.
Also, please like their Facebook page Rowley White RV
UTV 570 Class
A question was asked about an existing rule and how/if it applies to the new UTV 570 Class. "Are we still dropping 2 races even though the UTV 570 Class had a shorter season?"
My official ruling upon reviewing our posted rules is as follows: Though dropping less or no races could have been a consideration at the beginning of the UTV 570 season, it would not be fair nor justified to modify a rule such as this at anytime after the season has started. Everyone was aware of the "drop 2 races from the season" rule and no exceptions were made for any classes when the rule was imposed. No rule of this type can be, nor should be, changed after the season has started. This rule was known to all racers and in our posted rules at the start of the season and could only have been modified for the UTV 570 Class at the beginning of their season if the question or concern had been raised at that time.
Dan Rees, AZOP Racing Official
PLEASE READ 2019 New Update!
After long talks AZOP has decided to mandate colored backgrounds for all classes next year. It will be more professional and it will help everyone decipher who is in what class or level. We know it's not easy to change your background colors and some get upset but we feel in the long run it will be best for everyone. We hope everyone understands. We will also be giving out new colored day passes as well.
Look at the photo below at what all the color combinations will be. Please Share and pass this along. This will not go into effect until Jan 1, 2019. We wanted to get it out now so you have ample time to get your new backgrounds...
Thanks for racing with us....
Click here to view the Plate Background Colors
Every quad from now on will have to go through tech inspection at each event. You MUST have legible numbers on the front and rear. The rear sides do not count, must be on the rear grab bar...
Attention All 65C Riders
All 65C riders that sometime race 65B will no longer be allowed, however we have added a class for them to make the transition to Minis which will be called OPEN MINI. This will be a Non Points class (Trophies Only) but will allow the kids to try out racing with the Minis.
PCI Radio Contingency
You must go to PCI Tent and Sign up before each event.
Updated rule for 170 and 570 class UTVs:
This new rule is strongly recommended to be implemented immediately however, you will not fail tech inspection until 2019 when this rule will be mandatory. We have requested any vendors attending our events to have them available for purchase for your convenience. The parents of the driver and co-driver will be asked to sign the tech form acknowledging we have recommended having a fire extinguisher and by signing, the parent or guardian is acknowledging they were made aware their UTV did not have one during the tech inspection.
An externally mounted fire extinguisher (2.5 lb minimum size) with quick release mount. Preferably mounted on a rear rollbar so it is easily accessible to anyone rendering assistance.
This is not meant nor recommended to be used by the minor age driver nor co-driver.
In the event of smoke or fire, all minor age drivers and co-drivers are recommended to leave the UTV and get well off the race course and stay well away from the UTV that is experiencing smoke or fire of any kind. Please let an adult or safety personel render assistance when they arrive to make use of the fire extinguisher if necessary.
NEW UTV CLASS FOR 2018!
Ages 10-15yrs old
Unless AZOP feels driver is experienced at a younger age.
NEW MANDATORY UTV RULES
1) ALL UTVS MUST HAVE SIREN/SOUNDER
2) You must have a rear light bar with amber and blue flashing and solid amber.
You can get rear chase led light bars at Star Light Bars. Tell them you race AZOP and he will give you a discount.
Click here to goto Star Light Bars
QUAD Update and Rule:
Mandatory Lanyards on all peewee, mini and big Quads, if you do not have them we may not allow you to race or we may give you a penalty.
NUMBERS- If you do not have legible numbers on the front and rear of the Quad we might not allow you to race or we may give you a penalty.
Camping and Pit Rules
- NO PLAY RIDING - IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS GET CAUGHT RIDING IN THE PITS AND CAMPING AREA YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND NO REFUNDS!
- Must wear helmet all times.
- Contained campfires in metal container only.
- Keep pets on a leash.
- No children on bicycles near the race course.
- No flying Drones without AZOP’s Permission.
- Please pick up all your TRASH and take it home with you.
- Read the Rules on our website before you race. www.azopracing.com
- T-shirts, hats and sweatshirts will be for sale at the AZOP registration trailer.
- Be respectful to registration and scoring personnel we will not tolerate yelling and rude behavior.
- Pit area on the course is 5 MPH - you can be penalized for speeding thru this area during the race.
- 5 MPH through Scoring Chute and in front of AZOP Trailer - you will be penalized for Speeding.
- Do NOT go in front of the scoring trailer to talk to personnel, if you have a question or problem with scoring you MUST go to the Registration table. Do NOT talk to scoring during the races.
- If you have a protest or questions with results our Referee Dan Rees will handle it.
- Do NOT go onto the race course - Must stay 25’ behind the course.
- There will be a 30 minute protest period after race results are posted no exceptions. You MUST Wait!
- We will have several sweep riders and watchers all over the course, so make sure you stay on the marked track or you will be disqualified for cutting the course.
- If there is a downed rider PLEASE make sure you stop to make sure they are ok and let the sweep rider or next check point know what mile marker they are at.
- Thanks for coming have a great time and have fun. We want everyone to be SAFE and enjoy the races.
Racing With US?
All Racers who enter any race will get a $10 Rocky Mountain Gift Card. This is good for all races including non-points races. Each race you enter you get a gift card. You can hold on to the cards and use more than one to purchase products.
Classifieds are now avaliable at https://racingrecycler.com
Buy/Sell used racing vehicles, parts, equipment, and gear.. Post as many FREE ADS